[Qgis-developer] Moving forward with the raster transparency branch

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Fri Sep 28 06:14:10 EDT 2007

Hi Peter,

> Has this been done already for the vector layers? Do you have any
> example available that I can take a look at?

Unfortunately not, it was just a discussion with Martin on the developer list
(see http://lists.qgis.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2007-August/002340.html
and ...002341.html and
http://lists.qgis.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2007-September/002355.html)

For vector, thread safety would involve quite some redesign. So if redesign is
done for raster layer anyway, it would be good to consider thread safety too.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler