[Qgis-developer] Cleaning up stdout for 1.0.0 and qgsmaprender renaming.

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Aug 4 17:25:33 EDT 2008

Hi Tim,

On Mon, 04. Aug 2008 at 22:11:54 +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Over the weekend I made some changes to QGIS to reduce the amount of
> console spam (even in debug mode). It would be great to ship 1.0.0
> with a lot of the junk removed that currently goes to stdout.

That's also subject of my cleanup patch.

It turns all iostream output to QgsDebugMsg and thereby makes it debug
only and more controlable.

I'm just waiting for the advanced printing branch to be commited...

Turning QgsDebugMsg to QgsDebugMsgLevel with a higher level (say 3)
might also be an alternative to reduce noise without actually removing
possibly useful debug output - IMHO better than commenting it out.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-0
Software Engineer         D-26506 Norden            http://www.norbit.de

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden