[Qgis-developer] [SoC report] home range analysis in QGIS

Tim Keitt tkeitt at keittlab.org
Fri Aug 8 11:42:22 EDT 2008

Got it working. See http://www.keittlab.org/node/144

In R (as root if you prefer), type: "install.packages(<pkg-name>, dep
= T)" (dropping quotes) to install each package.

In Ubu, you need to "apt-get install libgdal1-dev" to build rgdal.
There are a bunch of qgis python dependencies I had to install as
well. Ubuntu has a mechanism for suggesting packages to install, but
AFAICT it works only with binaries. It would be nice if it could also
resolve python library dependencies and suggest the packages. I
figured out which python packages I needed by looking at the qgis
error messages.

Looks great Anne!

THK

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Hi Anne
>
> I updated again your plugin now from svn and it starts without error
> now. When I try to run it complains its missing rgdal and adehabitat.
> I see on your wiki page[1] you say:
>
> "R packages adehabitat and rgdal and all their dependencies"
>
> But don't offer any instructions on how to do this. Could you update
> it so R clueless folks like me can play too? :-)
>
> Many thanks
>
> Tim
>
> [1] http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/GSoC2008Rbinding
>
> 2008/8/8 Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at studenti.uninsubria.it>:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> this week I released the plugin with full functionality (revision 111).
>> It is available for testing.
>> Under Debian-alikes it works well, in Windows there are some problems due to
>> availability of RPy for R 2.7.1, since adehabitat R package doesn't run under R
>> 2.7.0. It is therefore suggested to use R 2.6.2 and corresponding RPy until a
>> stable RPy2 comes out.
>>
>> Next week I plan to do further testing, write down documentation and think about
>> a tutorial. A sample dataset will also be shipped together with the code of the
>> plugin.
>>
>> No blocks at the moment!
>> Happy coding to all of us,
>>
>> Anne Ghisla

> Tim Sutton
> QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release Manager
> Visit http://qgis.org for a great open source GIS
> Blog: http://tim.linfiniti.com
> Skype: timlinux

Timothy H. Keitt, Assistant Professor