[Qgis-developer] vector layer updates heads-up

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Aug 12 19:28:33 EDT 2008

Hi Tim,

On Wed, 13. Aug 2008 at 01:00:39 +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
> - would it be easy / feasible to add a selectionSize method that
> returns how many selected features there are? This will enable among
> other things showing progress when iterating features.

Like QgsVectorLayer::selectedFeatureCount()?

> - do your changes allow concurrent editing of attribute and digitising
> of features - I have some uncommited stuff to provide table in dock
> but ran into issues in this kind of mutimode editing.

Exactly.

If you delete features in the map canvas they are instantly removed from
the attribute table (if open).  Attribute updates through the attribute
dialog also update the attribute table.  Adding/removing attributes in
the vector layer properties also add/removed the columns in the
attribute table.  The labels also show the edited state.

But some display updates are not yet rolled back properly in the
attribute table yet, although they are internally handled properly (ie.
removed rows don't reappear and changed attributes values are not
restored; added/removed attribut columns are restored).

And the patch doesn't try to address the attribute table issues with
huge number of features - and probably makes those worse.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-0

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden