[Qgis-developer] printing branch ready for testing

Gavin Macaulay gavin at macaulay.co.nz
Sun Aug 17 02:18:02 EDT 2008

Marco,

I've done some testing of the printing branch. Much improved!
I have a few comments:

- when printing the map, qgis provides no feedback on when it has finished - perhaps a busy cursor is required here?

- the legend for polygons puts the coloured rectangle below the layer name. Having the ability to have the coloured rectangle to the right of the layer name would be useful.

- if I place a few items onto the composer, then click on one of them, press the delete key, and continue doing that, when I click on the last remaining item, qgis will crash (error on console is:

QgsComposerItem::setSelected
Fatal: ASSERT failure in QList<T>::at: "index out of range", file /usr/include/QtCore/qlist.h, line 393
Aborted

- if one resizes the rectangle that surrounds an item and drags it to the left and above the top left-hand corner of the original rectangle, one gets into a situation where the rectangle no longer surrounds the item and one loses the ability to move it back :(

- sometimes the scalebar item is just a short vertical line. I haven't found a way to reliably reproduce this...

Regards

Gavin