[Qgis-developer] vector layer updates heads-up

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Mon Aug 18 05:59:34 EDT 2008

Hi Jürgen,

The vector layer patch looks very good. I think it is important to incorporate
the vectorlayer and attribute table changes for 1.0 because of stability of
1.0 interface.

I could not compile the code with geos2 and had some linker errors with 3.0.0:

/home/marco/src/qgis/build/src/core/libqgis_core.so: undefined reference to
`GEOSWKTReader_destroy'
/home/marco/src/qgis/build/src/core/libqgis_core.so: undefined reference to
`GEOSWKTReader_create'
/home/marco/src/qgis/build/src/core/libqgis_core.so: undefined reference to
`GEOSWKTReader_read'

Also, I saw that you now use featuresInRectangle() for labelling. The drawback
of featuresInRectangle compared to provider getNextFeature is that it keeps
all the features in memory (well, in fact that is my fault, because I wrote
featuresInRectangle() ).
It would be really great to have a method QgsVectorLayer::getNextFeature that
calls QgsVectorDataProvider::getNextFeature but replaces/adds/deletes the
changed attributes. Like this, labelling and rendering would always be up to
date with uncommited changes.

Regards,
Marco

--