[Qgis-developer] geos c api note

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Aug 20 10:03:20 EDT 2008

On Aug 20, 2008, at 2:28 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Hi
>
> My feeling is similar to Marco's - I prefer to make changes now that
> ensure that we dont land up with people developing plugins and core
> functionality against an api that we later discover we need to change.
>
> My only real concern is that we don't deploy QGIS in a way that
> prevents people from using their OS packages for geos etc. I guess we
> can work with our packagers for now and ask them to build updated geos
> packages but it seems a hassle and therfore potentially unreliable.

I keep my OSX GEOS framework up to date, both C++ and C APIs.  No
problems there.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe