[Qgis-developer] API Freeze, String Freeze from tomorrow

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Thu Dec 4 16:48:32 EST 2008

Thursday 04 of December 2008 22:24:48 Tim Sutton napisał(a):
> Hi Folks
>
> If we are going to get QGIS 1.0 out by end of December we need to start
> the release process rolling. I propose the following:
>
>  - string freeze (refreeze really) and call for translations will go out
> tomorrow night

So we have 24h left, haven't we? It's good for me for final Installer
polishing.

>  - API freeze commencing tomorrow

There's one method in my mind. In addition to three existing methods of
QgsVectorLayer: select(), invertSelection() and Martin's deselect(), I'd like
to add also invertSelectionInRectangle() and point QgsMapToolSelect to this
method if Ctrl key pressed. Now it's pointed always to select(), so
deselecting features is impossible.

I know we are in gui freeze, but it shouldn't affect User Guide and would be a
small but useful enchancement. Unfortunatelly I'm busy tomorrow, but if
somebody would like to implement this and everybody agree to do it before
1.0.0 it would be great.

Regards,
B.