[Qgis-developer] Bug on Labels?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Dec 17 04:49:00 EST 2008

> Hi all,
>
> In this days I used the Label in the Layer Properties with the "Data definited style" option using a field in the associated table to give the size of the labels.
> I'd like to have labels for some feautures in the layer and no labels for other feutures.
> I seen that the lower size that I can put in the field is "1" but in this case the label appears also if very small.
> If I put the number "0" in the size filed the label takes in automatic size "12".
>
> Is this a bug or is not possible to have no lables for some feutures?
>
> Regards
> Leonardo

What about setting the transparency of the labels you want to hide?
Traditionally in order to only label some features we would need to
implement some type of SQL to select which features to apply labels to.
I don't think QGIS has this yet, but we can put it down on the list of
requested features.

Another work around is to extract the polygons you want to label to a
new layer and label that layer while keeping the styles of the 2 the
same. This would achieve the same look with a little more work.

Alex

PS: Make sure to start a fresh email not a reply when sending to the
list, otherwise the headers from the previous thread follow and the
email can get lost in people's inboxes.