[Qgis-developer] please help me write a QGIS-PostGIS GUI in Python

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 03:47:20 EST 2008

2008/2/1, Maciej Sieczka <tutey at o2.pl>:
> Barry Rowlingson pisze:
> Thanks Barry. You are a patient man, really. I certainly underestimated
> how much work this would take. Seems I'll give in, at least for now.

Did you take a look to my code?

The callbacks are already in place, to complete the plugin you just
have to add the final sql (fix the additional fields configuration and
do some more testing....

Planned features were:
* srid selection from a select box
* geometry column name input box (the_geom is the default)
* additional fields configuration (the tricky part, this is where I
got stuck and I rushed to buy QT book)
* layer type (point, poly etc.)

Take a look to the GUI:
http://www.itopen.it/wp-content/uploads/new_postgis_layer.png