[Qgis-developer] QGIS Admin notice - SVN server migration

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Feb 6 23:41:53 EST 2008

Dear all

Tonight we have embarked on the first step of the planned migration of
services to OSGEO by migrating SVN, trac and the mailing lists to a
new server (with many thanks to Howard Butler and Frank Warmerdam who
facilitated the process).

This migration will have some impact on everyone using QGIS svn:

1) The 'old' server is still online but is now read only

2) Your existing checkouts will need to be 'switched'. Details on how
to do this will be sent shortly in a follow up email. Existing
checkouts should still work in read only mode.

3) Your trac user account will need to be created. This is now
(thankfully) a self help process - simply go to

https://www.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/ldap_create_user.py

and recreate your account. We suggest using the same login as
previously used so that bug feedback and assignment will continue as
normal.

** Note: ** if you already have an OSGEO user id there is no need to
create a new one.

** Note: ** if you already have an OSGEO user id and it is different
to your SVN committer user id, your write privileges will not work
until you contact with details of your QGIS id and your OSGEO id so we
can reconcile them.

4) Trac is now available at:

http://svn.qgis.org/trac (i.e. the original url should continue to work)
or
https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis

5) The mailing list addresses will change with immediate effect to:

"qgis-developer" <qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org>,
"qgis-user" <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>,
"qgis-doc" <qgis-doc at lists.osgeo.org>.
"qgis-commit" <qgis-commit at lists.osgeo.org>,
"qgis-trac" <qgis-trac at lists.osgeo.org>

6) After some consideration we decided not to keep the mailing list
archives for qgis-commits and qgis-trac since this info is readily
available in SVN and the trac web interface.

Over the coming weeks we will be working to migrate the
http://qgis.org web site and wiki too. No doubt there will be some
small hiccups as we carry out these changes. We will try to keep the
disruptions to a minimum and trust that you will find the updated
service offerings reliable and easier to use.

--
Tim Sutton
openModeller Desktop Developer
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net