[Qgis-developer] How do I change the symbol and its size from a provider?

Ken Roser kroser at roser.us
Wed Jan 23 11:13:38 EST 2008

I'm writing a plugin/provider that's similar in functionality to the
delimited text plug in.  Things are working well, but I need to change
the size, color and possibly the symbol itself when I add a point to the
map.  I've been unable to determine a method of doing so other than
going to the symbology tab on the layer properties dialog.  I want the
change to happen automatically via the provider code.  Can anyone help out?