[Qgis-developer] CGAL in QGIS ?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:26:04 EST 2008

Hi,

since QGIS uses GEOS library, we'd like to use primarily facilities
that we have there - it includes probably all the basic geometry
operators - so you can test geometries for relations (contains,
intersects ...) and do some geoprocessing (convex hull, buffer, union,
difference ...). Later when we start implementing some more advanced
vector analysis in QGIS core library we can start thinking of what
library to use (or whether to implement the algorihms directly).

But in meanwhile it shouldn't be very hard to create a plugin that
would use some external library like CGAL.

Martin