[Qgis-developer] plugins

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jul 1 18:11:09 EDT 2008

Hi all.
I finally did some more testing on plugins. I like very much the new
installer. One possible improvement: why not letting the user choose
whether to activate each plugin, without having to go to the plugin
manager menu? Furthermore,
I did not succeed installing the following:
- generate Voronoi polygons, LoadLayer, ManageR (This plugin seems to be
broken or have unfilled dependencies): it would be good to tell the user
what to do in these cases (install python-rpy)
- spatial operations (by tgwong, Official repo): it shows "upgradable"
but it does not upgrade (yes, I miss shapely). Moreover, there is a line
citing a readme file as a plugin (with broken dependencies).
There is a RGB composition plugin that has wrong name and icons in the
Plugins pulldown menu.
Formatting of the "about" popup for some plugins eg random point) is
wrong (lots of spaces in the center of the lines. It would be good if
the links inside would be clickable.
I strongly suggest to remove the old PostgreSQL geoprocessing tool in
favour of the much more powerful geoprocessing tools now available.
Great job, thanks a lot!
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: * http://www.faunalia.it/pc *