[Qgis-developer] the new plugin installer

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Sun Jun 1 18:02:41 EDT 2008

Hello All,

There is a lot of changes in the new Installer. Under Ubuntu everything works,
but please help me to test it under Win and Mac. I'm going to manage until
the freeze.

Due to mistakes in the main repository, there is still a few
untrue "uninstalled+orphan" pairs of items. Couldn't anybody apply my
fixes...? :)

There are some changes I'm going to do in this week:
- faster refetching
- enabling/disabling repositories
- looking for updates on QGIS start
- improved uninstalling (now file removing isn't fully recursive)
- improved XML parsing (see Düster Horst's "python geoprocessing" mail)
- reloading the upgraded plugin without need of QGIS restart (is this
possible?)
- storing the column order and other user preferences
- face lifting (icons instead of string status indicators etc)
- cleaning, commenting, language fixes etc

- any kind of further suggestions is welcome

-------
my repository:
http://bwj.aster.net.pl/qgis/plugins.xml