[Qgis-developer] QGIS Python support in a library

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Fri Jun 6 15:24:42 EDT 2008

I'll look at them and try to make edits for using William's binaries.
Once I see the logic in application, it should be easy enough to
modify to my needs.

Thanks,
John

On Jun 6, 2008, at 11:35 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Hi
>
> Once I have my scripts working right, Ill check them into svn and if
> you are using my build des tarball for mac you should be able to bake
> your own mac app bundle (sans grass support).
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> 2008/6/6 John C. Tull <john.tull at wildnevada.org>:
>> Does this translate to something that can be modified in the base
>> code to
>> get proper functionality in a build of qgis without the need to
>> hand edit
>> files for the @loader_path stuff? I really would like to have
>> python plugins
>> that work in my builds, and greatly appreciate William's detective
>> work and
>> ability to make binaries that do provide full python functionality.
>> Unfortunately, I do not understand what needs to be done on my end
>> to get
>> the same functionality. I would probably make the necessary changes
>> to the
>> @executable_path issues, but I am not clear on how to go about this.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> John
>>
>> On Jun 1, 2008, at 2:18 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>>
>>> OK, finally got a package built properly.  Python support IS
>>> starting.
>>> Maybe something changed in SVN since I last tried it Saturday?  Or
>>> maybe my
>>> @loader_path change was the key?
>>>
>>> Qgis SVN r8575
>>> OSX 10.5.3, Xcode 3.1 beta
>>> System Python 2.5
>>> Qt 4.3.5/PyQt 4.3.3/SIP 4.7.4
>>>
>>> This is with my usual changing things to @loader_path where
>>> appropriate,
>>> so the python .so's in Qgis relatively refer to the Qgis libs and
>>> bundled Qt
>>> (instead of the default @executable_path, which is unclear what the
>>> executable is).

>>> ['/Applications/qgis0.11.0.app/Contents/MacOS/share/qgis/python',
>>> '/Users/kyngchaos/.qgis//python/plugins',
>>> '/Applications/qgis0.11.0.app/Contents/MacOS/share/qgis/python/
>>> plugins',
>>> '/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/GDAL-1.5.2-py2.5-macosx-10.5-
>>> i386.egg',
>>> '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
>>> python25.zip',
>>> '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
>>> python2.5',
>>> '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
>>> python2.5/plat-darwin',
>>> '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
>>> python2.5/plat-mac',
>>> '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
>>> python2.5/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages',
>>> '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/
>>> lib/python',
>>> '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
>>> python2.5/lib-tk',
>>> '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
>>> python2.5/lib-dynload',
>>> '/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages',
>>> '/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/PIL',
>>> '/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/geos',