[Qgis-developer] The improved Plugin Installer is ready

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Mon Jun 9 19:39:22 EDT 2008

Ok, The Installer improvements are finished. It may still need some language
fixes and facelifting, but all planned features are implemented.

It checks for the updates and also for the news (a first time seen plugins)
either when QGIS starts or when user opens the Installer window. By default
our all four repositories are switched to not fetch on startup, but it's
configureable. If there is any update/news, a clickable label appears in the
StatusBar.

Unfortunately, finally it doesn't use the QThread (yet), so fetching all the
four repositories delays the QGIS start for about 2 seconds in my case. This
is the reason for what I haven't decided to enable it by default.

http://bwj.aster.net.pl/qgis/newplugininstaller.zip