[Qgis-developer] The improved Plugin Installer is ready

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Jun 10 03:35:30 EDT 2008

Martin Dobias wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 1:39 AM, Borys Jurgiel <borys at wolf.most.org.pl> wrote:
>> Ok, The Installer improvements are finished. It may still need some language
>> fixes and facelifting, but all planned features are implemented.

> Great job! I've tried the new version and looks great!

  Only if you think lime-green on a zebra-stripe grey table looks great!
I just started the plugin and there were a lot of 'New' plugins in the
repos, and so I had a huge block of bright lime-green - nearly put me
off my breakfast! Now I've restarted it the plugins aren't flagged as
'new' anymore, just 'not installed', so the dialog is a bit tamer now.

  While I'm being critical (I'm saving the praise for later) the
Description fields are often way too long for the width of a screen.
Where is this text coming from, because it's not the description()
function in __init__.py which is usually short enough? I'd make that
field in the dialog into the description() text and put the longer help
text into a tooltip box that pops up on hovering.

  But otherwise, niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :)

Barry