[Qgis-developer] WMS-Proxy settings broken?

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sun Jun 15 18:36:26 EDT 2008

Hi Stephan and others

Ok Ive implemented proxy support as an application global setting in
r8649. It required some small changes to raster api so I hope it does
not interfere with any / many existing python plugins out there. Now I
need someone with a proxy to test it and tell me if its all working
ok....

Best regards

Tim

2008/6/11 Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>:
> Hello Tim,
>
> "Tim Sutton" <tim at linfiniti.com>, [20080611 - 14:24:37]
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> Marco ok thanks for the  clarificatio - I'll try to implement proxy
>> settings centralisation over the next few days so leave it to me. i
>> dont think its the qt3 port that is the cause of the issue if the
>> problem is present in 0.10.0 too. Stephan QGIS 0.11.0 will be out at
>> the end of the month so I dont expect to backport any fixes to 0.10.0.
>
> No problem. I just wanted to make sure that proxy-settings will be
> repaired in the next release, and if it will be centralized, even
> better! This makes the project-files more transportable though.
>
> Thanks Tim for the offer to implement it befor 0.11.0. I am happy to
> give you feedback when you have included it.
>
> Since I heavily use QGIS
> through a security-proxy[1] to access secured WMS/WFS I need the
> proxy-settings in QGIS, because it does not reflect the environment
> variables http_proxy/https_proxy.
>
> Best
>
>        Stephan
>
> [1] http://inteproxy.wald.intevation.org
>

>> On 6/11/08, Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de> wrote:
>> > Hallo Marco, Tim,
>> >
>> > "Hugentobler  Marco" <marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch>,
>> > [20080611
>> > - 10:49:17]

>> > Yes, this is definitely a good idea, but some of my clients do
>> > need the proxy-settings for WMS, it would be good to provide a fix
>> > (since it is broken in 0.10.0 as well) for the current version
>> > though.
>> >
>> > Best regards
>> >
>> >     Stephan
>> >
>> > --
>> > Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>,
>> > http://intevation.de/~stephan Tel: +49 (0)541-33 50 8 32 |
>> > Intevation GmbH | AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998 Geschäftsführer:  Frank
>> > Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner
>> >

> --
> Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>, http://intevation.de/~stephan
> Tel: +49 (0)541-33 50 8 32 | Intevation GmbH | AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998
> Geschäftsführer:  Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner

--
Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release Manager
openModeller Desktop Developer
niche modelling tool
Home Page: http://tim.linfiniti.com
Skype: timlinux