[Qgis-developer] script to update the srs.db

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Mon Jun 23 09:34:48 EDT 2008

Marco Hugentobler pisze:
> Unfortunately, I found some more occurences of GEOSRS_ID in the code.

So I understand we must preserve the original QGIS srsids, at least for
now - for the reason above and due to the fact there might be SRSs
present which are not included in EPSG database, as Tim mentioned -
right? If so, I'll modify the script to achieve this. Not today, maybe
tomorrow.

As to the "lonlat" vs "longlat" - AFAICS from my testing of gdalwarp and
gdaltransform, GDAL (1.5.2) does not support the shorter form - they
throw an error:

ERROR 1: Translating source or target SRS failed:
+proj=latlon +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +no_defs

This means we should stick to the old "longlat" name in QGIS. Although
PROJ.4 defaults to the shorter "lonlat" these days, I verified it at
least supports both forms, so this should not be a problem.

Maciek

--
Maciej Sieczka
www.sieczka.org