[Qgis-developer] SoC: GUI actions

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Tue Jun 24 04:56:28 EDT 2008

They both are the same. After work in the QtDesigner you run the pyuic4, which
creates a class for your dialog (for example "Ui_Dialog") and puts into this
class the "connect" method call (or rather a number of calls).

Then you create your own class, which inherites from the pyuic4's class (for
example: "MyDialog (QDialog, Ui_Dialog)" ) and you can also put the "connect"
method call(s) to the your class. So only one difference is where this call
finally is: in the parent or in the inherited class.

For me the second option is much better, as it's easier to keep an eye on the
code and to make any changes.

Regards,

B.