[Qgis-developer] issues with Polish chars in PostGIS column names

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sun Mar 9 11:41:02 EDT 2008

Steven Mizuno pisze:

> I have submitted a patch on bug #964
> (https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/964) that fixes such
> internationalization issues.

> If you are willing to compile patched source, I would be interested in any
> feedback, especially if there is something  related to character sets that
> doesn't work.

Hi Steven

Great stuff! Current trunk with your patch builds and fixes the
non-ascii chars issues for me. I have verified that columns with
non-ascii chars now behave themselves in the:

- query builder of the add postgis layer dialog
- digitizer
- identify tool
- table editor
- layer properties

I noticed an issue. I don't know if it's related to your changes:

1. Add 3 new columns in QGIS table editor: col1, col2, col3.

2. Drop "col2".

3. All QGIS tools start claming that you have 2 "col3" columns. Of
course that's not true. Re-add the layer or start digitizing it and all
is fine again.

Talking of bugs in PostGIS support - there are several left, reported in
Trac. Is anybody planning to try to fix them in close future? What about
bugs in digitizing?

Maciek