[Qgis-developer] Announcing the release of QGIS 0.10.0 'Io'

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun May 4 00:29:05 EDT 2008

On May 3, 2008, at 4:48 PM, John C. Tull wrote:

> William,
>
> Your binary worked well for me. I am impressed to find that the
> python plugins, such as geoprocessing, work in your build but
> continually fail in my builds. This must be related to your
> discussion a month or so back about improperly linked libs.

Very possibly, it hasn't been fixed yet.

> I would love to see a break-down of your steps to get a binary that
> functions in this respect. Perhaps this can be added to the wiki.

I have a script I use to change all the linking, including repairing
the broken linking.  But it depends on bundling PyQt and SIP and the
Qt frameworks to get all the relative linking working right.  I'd have
to look it over to see how I could apply it to a build where these are
left in their installed locations (what the Qgis build instructions
give you).

That might be tricky - doing relative linking between separate
executables (Qgis, qgis_help, and Python) can get messy (which one is
each link relative to?), unless @loader_path is used (this was added
in Tiger, so it wouldn't work on Panther).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy