[Qgis-developer] updating vector attribute tables

Carson Farmer cfarmer at uvic.ca
Thu May 15 18:15:20 EDT 2008

Hello list,

Does anyone know of a way to force a vector layer to reload it's
attribute table? For example, say I used some outside application to
update a field in the .dbf or a shapefile, can I get the associated
vector layer in QGIS to reflect these changes programatically?

On a related note, is there any plans in the near future to make it
possible to add fields to vector layer attribute tables (specifically
shapefile attribute tables)? (I'm sure this has been asked before, but I
haven't been able to find an answer...?)

Cheers,

Carson