[Qgis-developer] new C++ plugin

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Sat Nov 1 12:18:15 EDT 2008

Thanks for your comment.

As for all other developers around, I guess, this is a question of
resources for us. We enjoy working with QGIS partly because of the
flexibility of what language to use for development. Realistically,
right now, we have resources for C++ developer and we want to
contribute our results back to the community.

I realize this is a pain to support different OSes when programming in
C++ and we're ready to contribute to the process of making our
plugin easier to work with under other OSes, but again, we have only
C++ developer at hand right now.

I'd think twice before porting our plugin to python, this will create
difficult situation for us, as we'd be pushed to keep two versions of
the plugin or start learning other language, which is not realistic at
the moment, I'm afraid.

Thanks for understanding.

--
Best regards,