[Qgis-developer] new C++ plugin

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Nov 3 03:58:45 EST 2008

Hi

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 09:44 +0100, Marco Hugentobler wrote:
> Hi Maxim
>
> Wow, really great work. Otschen spassibo to Russia!
>
> A connection to the google world via plugin is a very good thing. I'd like to
> include the plugin into the standard distribution if that is ok for you and if
> you intend to do further development and maintaining of the code.

+1

> @Tim: I suppose feature freeze also holds for plugins? In that case, inclusion
> could be done after version 1.0 is out.

Yes we should schedule this for 1.1

> To the question C++ vs. Python: There is no 'official' rule which language to
> use for plugins. It's really up to the programmer, both have their pros and
> cons.

Yes I would also prefer if we dont discourage C++ plugins - for me the
bug benifit of C++ plugins is that they can usually be incoporated into
3rd party libqgis based applications without needing to package all the
python etc stuff.

Great work Maxim!

Regards

Tim