[Qgis-developer] Announcing Qgis-mapper project

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 09:51:43 EST 2008

Hi all,

I'd like to announce that we're starting a new QGIS-based project at
our university. We've formed a group of five students from our faculty
that will work on this project. It will introduce some improvements
int QGIS and create tools for simpler creation of roadmaps. There's
planned support for OpenStreetMap, topology handling, better rendering
and editing capabilities, better handling of large data and even more
stuff :-)

You'll find more in the specification:
http://mapserver.sk/~wonder/swproj/spec.html

The project will be run for nine months, at the end of this period we
should have all features from the specification ready.

Public access to source repository is not available, but we will try
to release some useful parts of the project during the development -
PostGIS manager plugin is an example. There's Trac running for our
project, those interested can take a look at the progress:
http://urtax.ms.mff.cuni.cz/qgis-mapper/

Regards
Martin