[Qgis-developer] Proposal: Lift feature freeze for labelling

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Oct 3 14:54:36 EDT 2008

Hi

2008/10/3 Magnus Homann <magnus at homann.se>:
> Interesting, but sounds like a it needs some man-hours. What's the time
> frame?

I'll tell you after more detailed discussions with them tomorrow :-P

> As a side question, is there possibilit to have labels manually placed and
> position saved in QGis?

I was also thinking about this. We will have quite a bit of
flexibility in this regard I think since the label placement lib need
not be passed all labels. To explain better: if a user uses e.g. a
table attribute to fix the label to a specific location, we could
consider the bounding box of the label a 'feature' that other labels
need to place themselves around....once again we will probably have a
better idea about the possibility of doing this after tomorrow.

Regards

Tim

> Magnus
> --