[Qgis-developer] My plugins for 1.0 / plugin dev

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sun Oct 19 05:39:05 EDT 2008

Hi Barry

Please note that API changes for 1.0 are not finalised (we are gui and
feature frozen but not API frozen yet), so it may be better to hold
off publishing your plugins until they are. I hope to have the API
cleanup done by the end of the month but it may take a little longer
than that.

Regards

Tim

2008/10/19 Barry Rowlingson <b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk>:
> Hi devs,
>
>  I've been editing some of my plugins to work with the API changes in
> the 1.0 preview release. Which just seems to involve changing
> 'getMapCanvas' for 'mapCanvas' here and there, and a few other things.
> I should really read the changelog and fix everything in one go
> instead of loading, reading error message, reloading... Anyway...
>
>  I think they are all compatible for 1.0 now, and I've stuck them on
> google code in the 'bsrplugins' section:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/bsrplugins/
>
>  feel free to check them out from SVN and play. They're not in my repo yet...
>
>  I'm still not sure how to mesh SVN with the Qgis plugin folder and a
> repository. I want my SVN working copy to be 'live' in the qgis
> plugins folder so edits are instantly there. But I also want to make
> sure the zip in the repository is valid, and an install from that
> would stomp on my working copy... I'm all a bit confused... Any tips
> for best practices for integrating SVN with plugin development and a
> repository?
>
> Barry

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services