[Qgis-developer] link for msys don't work (compile qgis in windows)

Alberto Asuero Arroyo albertoasuero at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 02:48:45 EDT 2008

Thanks tim, but it's the file which I had found because there is a problem
with the geos library...

" You're using deprecated header io.h. Please update your sources according
to new layout of GEOS headers and namespace "

The  file install talk about some directories that is not present then I
think it's not the file correct.

I'm going to read the section which godofedro talk about

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 9:47 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:

> Hi Alberto & Godofredo
>
> My apologies the msys environment lives here now since our server
> crashed some months ago:
>
> http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/win32/
>
> Please advise of any places where the old links exist and I will
> endeavour to update them.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> 2008/10/20 godofredo contreras <frdcn at hotmail.com>:
> > Hi Alberto:
> >
> > If you already did an svn checkout, you should read the INSTALL file in
> the
> > part 6. Creation of MSYS environment for compilation of Quantum GIS. That
> > part details the creation of msys and compilation of dependencies step by
> > step.
> >
> > I have tried to download the msys file several times but it seems like
> the
> > file
> > have been unavailable for some time.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> > Regards
> > Godofredo Contreras
> >

> > ________________________________
> > Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 13:46:43 +0200
> > From: albertoasuero at gmail.com
> > To: qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org
> > Subject: [Qgis-developer] link for msys don't work (compile qgis in
> windows)
> >
> > Hi!! I've tried to compile qgis in windows, I'm trying to get msys with
> > dependencies (like it's explained in install text file ) but the link
> > doesn't work.
> >
> > http://qgis.org/uploadfiles/msys/msys.zip
> >
> > So I'm looking for msys on web and I've found a msys but it doesn't work
> me
> > neither. it gives me  an error message in make process with the include
> of
> > geos's library:
> >
> > " You're using deprecated header io.h. Please update your sources
> according
> > to new layout of GEOS headers and namespace "
> >
> > but i don't find a geos header compatible with the sources.
> >
> > how could I download a correct msys or geos library compatible??

> Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)
>  * QGIS programming services
>  * Mapserver and PostGIS based hosting plans
>  * FOSS Consulting Services
> Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

In a world without frontiers, who needs Gates and Windows?