[Qgis-developer] english version interface

Magnus Homann magnus at homann.se
Wed Oct 29 03:22:10 EDT 2008

Robert Szczepanek skrev:
> Hello,
>
> Question looks trivial, but ... how to change QGIS interface to english
> (no translation) working on non-english OS?
> There is no such file in i18n folder and no option "ignore locale".

Two options:
1) Set "LANG=C" in unix before you start QGIS
2) In Settings -> Options -> Locale you can override the system locale and use e.g. "en_US".
You have to restart QGIS for this to take effect.

> And one more question. What is the function of qt_*.qm files in i18n
> folder?

This gets installed and are used during run-time for translations (I think).

Welcome to the translation effort! :-)

Magnus