[Qgis-developer] PostGIS Query Builder doesn't allow Queries with 0 result records

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Sep 3 06:35:25 EDT 2008

Hi Horst,

On Wed, 03. Sep 2008 at 10:39:49 +0200, Düster Horst wrote:
> I do have the following scenario:
>
> Within a data capturing project I want to reduce the number of visible
> objects for a single digitizing person. This person only should see the
> objects digitized by himself in a defined area. At the beginning of the
> digitizing work, of course, no objects are belonging to this person. As
> the result I'm not able to define an according query due to the
> limitation "QGIS needs in minimum 1 Object to work".

> Is this limitation mandatory?

I think there is no such limitation as you can add empty table just
fine.  The message only appears if you try to filter, therefore I
removed it in r9253.  Please let me know if this causes any problems.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-0

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden