[Qgis-developer] My introduction and 1st question

Martin Weis martin.weis.newsadress at gmx.de
Sat Sep 6 09:29:39 EDT 2008

Hello Stefan!

Stefan Sassenberg wrote:
> I checked out qgis with "svn co https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/trunk/qgis
> qgis" and configured it successfully. "Making" the current state is yet
> not possible, because of an error:
> /home/stefan/cprg/workspace/qgis/src/core/qgsgeometry.cpp: In member
> function »int QgsGeometry::splitLinearGeometry(GEOSGeom_t*,
> QList<QgsGeometry*>&)«:
> /home/stefan/cprg/workspace/qgis/src/core/qgsgeometry.cpp:4602: Fehler:
> »GEOSLength« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert

Is this the first line? Or are there some before, e.g. could not find
somefile.h?

Have you installed (recent version of) libgeos-dev? On my debian there are:

ii  libgeos-3.0.0                        3.0.0-5
Geometry engine for Geographic Information Systems - C+
ii  libgeos-c1                           3.0.0-5
Geometry engine for Geographic Information Systems - C
ii  libgeos-dev                          3.0.0-5
Geometry engine for GIS - Development files

To get english messages you can use
LANG=C make

You can also have a look, if the ccmake found the correct
GEOS_INCLUDE_DIR etc., try geos-config --cflags

Good luck,
--
Martin Weis
PGP-Key: http://datenroulette.de/pgp.php