[Qgis-developer] Help needed for importing

Bishwarup Banerjee bishwarup.banerjee at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 09:09:52 EDT 2008

Hi Marco,

Thank you very much for your reply. But it is not working.
I followed the exact steps that you suggested.

In the cmd screen i get following error
The error i get is    "    'python' is not recognized as an internal or
external command, operable program or batch file."

I tried to set the path through mycomputer->properties->advance option.
It is being displayed in the variable but after setting the pythonpath
variable when i try to start python idle i get the error that the python dll
not found and all the values in the path variables are displayed, and python
is not getting started.

And when i cleared all the values needed for python and quantum GIS from the
environment variable and used the command set as suggested by you from cmd,
then again the same error "python is not recognised ........". and when i
checked through mycomputer->properties->advance option, i found no values
are set.

What should i do?
Please suggest me.

the screen shots of the cmd prompt is as follows:

*C:\Documents and Settings\Bishwarup>d:*

*D:\>cd BTC*

*D:\BTC>cd Test_qgis*

*D:\BTC\Test_Qgis>cd tutorial*

*D:\BTC\Test_Qgis\Tutorial>cd tutorials*

*D:\BTC\Test_Qgis\Tutorial\tutorials>cd 2_basic_main_window*

*D:\BTC\Test_Qgis\Tutorial\tutorials\2_basic_main_window>set path=C:\Program
Files\Quantum Gis;%PATH%*

*D:\BTC\Test_Qgis\Tutorial\tutorials\2_basic_main_window>set
pythonpath=C:\Program Files\Quantum GIS\python*

*D:\BTC\Test_Qgis\Tutorial\tutorials\2_basic_main_window>python
mainwindow.py
'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.*
What should i do now?

Thank you in advance.
Bishwarup