[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-release-team] QGIS 1.0 Feature Freeze Begins

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Sep 10 23:47:37 EDT 2008

Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> pushing the schedule to get it out for end of Sept anyway and then
> following up with a 1.0.1 bugfix release shortly after (e.g. end Oct /
> Mid nov). Could I ask you please to top post your votes:

Hi all.
I admit is more psychology than code, but I think letting out a
seriously buggy QGIS calling it 1.0 will not leave a good impression on
users. I think critical bugs should be addressed first.
On the other hand, missing the FOSS4G target would also not be a good thing.
How about releasing anyway for FOSS4G, calling it 1.0beta? Sounds pretty
googlish.
All the best, and many thanks to all!
pc
--