[Qgis-developer] NSIS Script File for QGIS Installer

Marco Pasetti marco.pasetti at alice.it
Sat Sep 13 11:04:27 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I re-post since something went wrong with my last e-mail.

> Marco has committed his locally modified nsis files yet - if you look
> at https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/browser/trunk/qgis/win_build you will
> see its still there original NSIS stuff I did in there.
>
> Marco can you put your current win build stuff into SVN when you have a
> moment?

Job Done!
I uploaded all the needed files (included the documentation) into a new
ms-windows folder in trunk.
I also going to remove the old win_build folder, no more useful.
If someone does not agree with that remove action let me know. I'll give you
some minutes more.

Then, just a few note: I didn't modified the previous nsis files, but I
actually re-designed and wrote all the packaging stuff, including the
procedure, scripts and resources needed to create (simply and in few steps)
a self-contained QGIS package along with its automated installer. That's not
usual, actually; in fact, it's usually better to modify the existing files,
thus continuing the work done by previous developers, but, in this specific
case, it was necessary, due to a completely new packaging procedure, that
wanted completely new files; specially the NSIS installer script, that has
been redisigned, manually edited (no wizards), and commented as best as
possible.

Cheers,

Marco