[Qgis-community-team] Re: [Qgis-developer] Re: [work] Re: QGISwindows build - Alaska dataset

Marco Pasetti marcopstt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 12:04:06 EDT 2008

Hi Tara,

>This plan seems reasonable to me. That is,
>the current datasets are always called
>qgis_sample_data.tar.gz and
>qgis_sample_data.zip

>and old version are saved with the date in the name as suffix.

Fine

>One thng to check before we implement-
>is the sample dataset used by developers for TESTING?
>If so, perhaps we should have separate files for testing and  for
>examples in the user guide.

Sorry, I'm not the right person to decide on that.
.
>We have removed spearfish and North Carolina data from the sample data set
>for the user guide,
>and we might make further changes in the dataset that could upset unit
>testing.

I added the Spearfish and NorthCarolina data sets because QGIS for Windows
includes GRASS as standard, and they may be useful for QGIS/GRASS users.
This said, since they are GRASS specific, I would not care about them if not
included in the user guide... there's the GRASS guide for that :)

I'm in stand-by for the job. Just let me know what to do ;)

Marco