[Qgis-developer] Tagged kore preview 1

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Sep 23 02:51:59 EDT 2008

Hi David

2008/9/23 David A. Riggs <david.a.riggs at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have tagged QGIS Kore preview 1 which you can get by doing:
>>

> For those who may be as confused as I was:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kore_(moon)

Yup

> While it's certainly not the most critical item to address for the
> grand 1.0 release, Kore sure doesn't sound like a very "grand" moon!

Well its the last moon (with an intelligible name anyway) as you
depart from Jupiter. For the next release series we will use moons
from a different planet. Also kore is punny in that 1.0 presents a
core, stable api that will be with us through the 1.x release series.

> It's one of Jupiter's smallest; in fact, I can't even find a photo of
> it online!

Yup - hence the lack of a splash screen piccie of it....

> Has Quantum GIS already used up all the good moons?

Lastly its probably better being a small moon with a strong sense of
self identity than a big moon that is overly influenced by your
neighbouring planet. So there is no need to use MacDonalds 'bigger is
better' type assesment when if comes to moon quality...ok I'm waffling
now :-)

Regards

Tim

> - DR
>
> --
> David A. Riggs <david.a.riggs at gmail.com>

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release Manager)
 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net