[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-release-team] Tagged kore preview 1

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Sep 30 09:31:22 EDT 2008

On Sep 30, 2008, at 1:31 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>> Hi
>>
>> Thanks to all who have posted packages / package urls. I have put
>> them
>> all on http://download.qgis.org
>
> Hi Tim.
> Does it make sense to keep also all the old version, starting from
> 0.9.1? Some of the instructions seem also outdated.
> Why not leaving only:
> - testing-> 1.0 preview1
> - stable-> 0.11
> - oldstable-> 0.10
> ?

While I keep my OSX binaries on my site (mainly I'm just too lazy to
clean up), I don't keep the links (old direct links will still work,
unless I've 'cleaned up').  I generally have links to "stable" and any
current development version.

> Also, not being a mac user I find the duplication of osx packages
> confusing: better warn the users on why they should choose one over
> the
> other?

I thought Tom was going to switch to using frameworks at some point,
but maybe that was just the build instructions (which are framework
based now).

I think the idea is that if the only thing you install is Qgis, use
the all-in-one.  Otherwise if you install GRASS, Mapserver, and/or
PostGIS (very likely my binaries, or built from source using my
frameworks) you will have the frameworks anyways.

But yes, it's a bit unclear.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect