[Qgis-developer] raster analysis and filtering status?

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Wed Apr 1 18:47:42 EDT 2009

Hi

G. Allegri wrote:
> Thanks strk. Yes I knew it, but I was asking about QGis in particular.
> Thanks anyway.
>
> giovanni
>
> 2009/3/30 strk <strk at keybit.net>:
>> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 09:35:39AM +0200, G. Allegri wrote:
>>> Just to know, is there ongoing work for raster analysis/filtering
>>> features? I'm just trying to dig into C++ and QGis code to be able to
>>> give a (litlle) hand with it. I know that Peter is particularly
>>> involved with this. Can you update us with tha actual status?

Peter Ersts may correct me if I am wrong, but at present there is no
work underway on raster analysis in core. During the hackfest we started
with the creation of a new (third) QGIS library libqgis_analysis.
Currently mainly Carson is working on porting his python routines to
this, but it would be great to start wrapping in other raster orientated
routines.

Someone posted to the mailing list not too long ago that they were
planning to wrap gdal raster functions such as clip, warp etc. though I
dont know what state (if any) that work is currently at.

Regards

Tim