[Qgis-developer] problems on OSX

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Apr 5 14:24:57 EDT 2009

On Apr 5, 2009, at 12:41 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
>> Reporting a couple of problems with OSX from a course:
>> ===
>> NVIZ
>>
>> os: MAC OS X Tiger
>> Qgis v1.0.0
>> ===
>> command NVIZ returns the following message:
>> Cannot read module description (nviz):
>> unexpected end of file
>> at line 1 column 1

Trying it with trunk and my Qgis 1.0.1 in the Spearfish dataset -
runs.  Though the requirement of a vector overlay is a nuisance, it
should be optional.

Try updating to 1.0.1?

Make sure you have my latest GRASS 6.4rc3 app.

>> ===
>> command v.to.db returns the following message:
>> Cannot find key column
>> ===

I get that also, even in trunk.  I don't know what's up here.  Someone
did mention (offlist) to me that viewing the attribute tables of GRASS
vector doesn't always show the values, even though they're there in
the table (ie when viewed directly in GRASS).  Just viewing the simple
attribute tables in the Spearfish data, I see a lot of missing cat
values.  I referred him to the list but he hasn't asked the list yet.