[Qgis-developer] Mac users: comments wanted on Xcode project

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Apr 11 13:06:38 EDT 2009

On Apr 10, 2009, at 9:13 PM, Gary Sherman wrote:

>> - Debugging - has anyone tried debugging Qgis from the Xcode GUI?
>> I don't know much about it, though I did debug a program once in
>> Xcode (or, I successfully started the debugging process, but didn't
>> understand the output enough to track down the problem).
> Yes I tried this today. The only problem was I don't seem to have
> the debug libraries for Qt so it wasn't all that helpful for the
> task at hand. Otherwise I think it will be quite useful.

I just realized that I forgot about the "debug" variations of
libraries on OSX.  Kindof a neat mechanism so standard and debug
copies can live side-by-side - add _debug to a library or framework
name, and a special link flag will automatically link that variation.
Not a big deal for libraries, but necessary for frameworks, since
there is no flexibility in framework names otherwise.

So, I need to add an option to use the debug variations of the Qt
frameworks.  But I'm not sure if -DQT_DEBUG requires the debug
variations, or if it is useful on its own with the standard Qt
frameworks.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if
you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm
50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy