[Qgis-developer] Call for packaging : 1.0.2 'Kore' and 1.1 'Pan'

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Apr 29 19:57:06 EDT 2009

On Apr 28, 2009, at 5:48 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 26 Apr 2009, at 6:23 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> Ugh, crippled Mac, HD crash...
>>
>> My source and dev binaries folders were last backed up in Dec, so I
>> need to download sources and rebuild dev binaries.  Dev notes were
>> in my regular backups, so no major loss there.
>>
>> I should be able to get back up to speed by the release, but it
>> could be close.
>>

> No time machine eh? :-(

I have backups, in various forms, using other software not time
machine.  I don't backup the source folder often since it changes so
often and is recoverable, except when I forget to save in-progress
stuff elsewhere ;)

> I was wondering if the binaries built by your xcode project would be
> suitable for redistribution. I see that some deps are in the bundle
> (Qt, gsl, pg) but not others (gdal, geos. etc). Is this something
> you can easily tweak to correct?

The Xcode project builds Qgis by default just like my usual binaries,
with my frameworks an external requirement.  Specifically, dynamic
libraries and Qt/PyQt are bundled.  So Tom could easily compile Qgis
using all dynamic libraries and bundle them for his all-in-one Qgis.
I haven't heard from Tom if he's tried it yet.

> My condolences on your hard drive crash. I am happy to wait a few
> days before announcing the release so that we can have a mac binary
> to go with the announcement.

I had more backed up that I thought, so it wasn't too bad.  1.1 xcode
build was easy to  do.  I want to try to bundle qwt5, but it doesn't
seem to like SIP 4.8 dev.  I need to try qwt 5.2.

I'm not sure about 1.0.2.  I've gotten so used to the Xcode build for
trunk/1.1 that I'm rusty on my scripts for packaging 1.0.  I'll see
what I can do.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy