[Qgis-developer] Re: symbology-ng build

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 13:07:22 EDT 2009

On Aug 18, 2009, at 12:39 AM, Martin Dobias wrote:
> John,
>
> I guess you've been setting labeling in the vector layer properties
> dialog, right? The new labeling engine based on PAL is currently
> available as a plugin: enable it in the plugin manager. Then you'll
> get "ABC" icon on the toolbar, clicking it will allow you to set
> labeling properties for current layer.
>
> Later I'd like to move the code to core library and the labeling
> settings will be available directly from layer properties dialog.
>
> Martin

Thanks for pointing that out. I tested it and it worked well
initially. I got a crash when I tried to change some of the display
options, but I do not have details or time right now to help debug.
Overall, this is very impressive.

One quick note: there is no longer a way to set lines to a "no stroke"
value. Setting the line width to 0.0 still draws a line. Sometimes it
is nice to not have lines drawn, but still have labels placed on the
canvas, e.g. when overlaying symbols on a raster layer.

Cheers,
John