[Qgis-developer] large wfs layer management

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Dec 1 12:42:27 EST 2009

BTW, I noticed that in Windows loading a GML layer takes ages; I suspect
this is related to the cost of parsing XMLs (thanks Furieri for noticing!),
as it is the case for WFS loading (I always thought it was slow to load
because of bandwidth, but it seems that is parsing who is the heaviest
part).
Can anyone confirm? Would it be useful to open a ticket?
All the best.

--
http://faunalia.it/pc