[Qgis-developer] feedback from today's course: various problems

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Dec 1 16:08:25 EST 2009

Hi Paolo,

On Tue, 01. Dec 2009 at 19:13:56 +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> - actions: what does it mean the option "Generic/Windows/Unix/"etc.? I
> quickly tried, but apparently win did not work

r12113:
attribute action improvements
- add python bindings for attribute actions
- support actions as context menu in feature form (ui)
- add action types:
    * generic: commands that should work on all platforms
    * windows, mac, unix: commands that should work and are only shown on one platform respectively
      (eg. vim on unix, notepad on windows and textmate on Mac)
    * python: python strings to be executed instead of a command
      (eg. qgis.utils.pluginsapluginname?.amethod('[%someattribute%]'))

> - Spatialite: apparently current trunk cannot load SL files (all well on
> Linux though)

Do you use a spatialite 2.3 dataset?  My 2.2 dataset doesn't seem to work as
the provider queries a field named "read_only" which doesn't exist in
"geometry_columns".

> - dropdown menus for editing database values works well, but if the
> "modiable" checkbox is checked, it apparently stops working

Seems to work here, too.   The edit field allows using new values, but allows
completition of the edited value to a value that is already used in the
column.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden