[Qgis-developer] Running two QGIS versions side by side

Craig Leat craig.leat at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 09:08:22 EST 2009

Hi,

I have a GRASS lib conflict between the QGIS 1.3 packages installed
from the Ubuntu PPA and my locally compiled GRASS. My self compiled
GRASS works and QGIS 1.3 from the PPA works with GRASS support. QGIS
trunk compiles, but throws a G__no_gisinit error on startup. The GRASS
paths all point to my self compiled version in cmake. How do I prevent
QGIS trunk from finding the PPA GRASS libs, while maintaining a
working QGIS 1.3?

The file /etc/ld.so.conf contains:
include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/src/grass6_devel/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib

and the file /etc/ld.so.conf.d/grass.conf contains:
/usr/lib/grass/lib

So it seems that the PPA GRASS lib gets preference. Thanks for any pointers,

Craig

PS I'm on Ubuntu 9.04 and GRASS 6.5