[Qgis-developer] QgsVectorLayer Failed To load

Germán Carrillo carrillo.german at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 09:17:49 EST 2009

I'm not sure. I do use this to set the qgis_prefix:
*    if os.name == "nt":
        osgeo4wDir = "C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis-1.3"
        basicDir = "C:/qgis"

        if os.path.isdir( osgeo4wDir ):
            qgis_prefix = osgeo4wDir
        else:
            qgis_prefix = basicDir
    else:
        qgis_prefix = "/usr"*

*    if not os.path.isdir( qgis_prefix ):
        raise RuntimeError, "QGIS dir not found!"*

Even better is to copy the plugins and resources dirs from QGIS installation
to your application dir. This way you can set the qgis_prefix to '.' .
(Tested on Windows)

Regards.

Germán

--