[Qgis-developer] XML Metadata editor Plugin - FYI

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Feb 5 05:38:03 EST 2009

Hi

A metadata plugin would be great - builing it directly into QGIS would
be even better! This is the kind of cross cutting functionality that
everybody wants and needs, and that would be great to be able to
access via the QGIS core API.  With it added to the api other plugin
writers coulld make good use of the metadata too. Of course that would
prbably mean doing your work in C++ - not sure if you are up for that.

regards

Tim

On 2/4/09, Agustin Lobo <aloboaleu at gmail.com> wrote:
> These are really good news, is this going to be able to read/write
> the same format as MetaD?
> http://www.geoportal-idec.cat/geoportal/eng/inici.jsp?pag=metad&home=s
>
> Agus
>
>> [Qgis-developer] XML Metadata editor Plugin - FYI
>> Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
>> Tue Feb 3 16:54:09 EST 2009
>
>> Just wanted to let the devs know, for a class project my group is
>> developing a new plugin to edit xml metadata files commonly included
>> with shapefiles according to ISO 19115:2003 and FGDC(past and upcoming)
>> standards.
>>
>> For those who don't know these files contain the who, what, where and
>> why of a dataset and is extremely useful for publishing and cataloging
>> datasets online.
>>
>> It's currently in the planning stages and in about 5 weeks when the term
>> is up, however far we've gotten we'll welcome additional developers.
>> Suggestions are welcome at any time.
>>

>> We made a sourceforge project to handle svn/documentation.
>> http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/qgismetaedit/
>>
>> This raises the question of whether there should be a qgis plugin
>> collective for unofficial plugins and new ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
>
> --
> Dr. Agustin Lobo
> Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
> LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
> 08028 Barcelona
> Spain
> Tel. 34 934095410