[Qgis-developer] Better attribute table - c++ plugin

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 06:49:39 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 3:08 AM, Carson Farmer <carson.farmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Martin and team,
>>
>> I'm happy to announce on the behalf of our qgis-mapper team a new
>> attribute table implementation for Quantum GIS. For those impatient,
>> the source is available here:
>> http://mapserver.sk/~wonder/qgis/beata-snapshot-090502.tar.gz
>>

> Excellent work guys, the speed-up alone is fantastic!
>
> The only thing I would suggest is that you add a minimise button to the
> dialog (the older version has this). It is often quite handy to temporarily
> minimise the attribute table when performing some quick task such as panning
> or zooming... also, will there be keyboard shortcuts for the actions? Having
> to click the actions menu to bring selected features to the top or zoom to
> selected features is an extra step I'd like to avoid...

Hi Carson!

Adding minimize button shouldn't be hard :-)

Regarding the actions (this is also re: Andreas) - I have always found
the buttons somehow inefficient - the icons are small and I found
myself always searching the right one (using tooltips). So I thought
that putting them to a separate menu would be a better solution (as
the menu item have icon+text). But if more users like the original
solution, this can be changed. Shortcuts can be added too.

Martin